The Surewinder and Brutewinder wrenches utilize torque stabilizing technology, ensuring a safer and more automated way to apply spring torque . The wrenches remove dangers inherent in winding bars such as lacerated hands, projectiles, ladder falls, and repetitive motion trauma which lowers worker compensation claims and lost work time. Two days of lost work due to a simple muscle strain pays for the wrench.
Designed and tested by an aeronautical engineer. Proven in the field for over 5 years. Stainless steel gear housing and high temper bronze drive gear are designed for wear resistance.
The Surewinder and Brutewinder wrenches can wind and unwind springs up to 10 times faster than winding bars. Increase your revenue by completing more jobs in a week! These tools minimize fatigue, which will give you the energy to do more jobs in a day, safely!
• Wind springs up to 127 IPPT (8 turns) for total of 1,020 in-lbs or 85 ft-lbs of torque. This is equivalent to .362" wire x 3.75" ID x 35' long with 8 turns which is a spring with IPPT of 127).
• We can wind a .362 x 3.75 ID X 35 in long spring 8 turns with a Milwaukee M18 FUEL 2704-22 Li-ion cordless 1/2" drill (7 turns in high gear, 1 turn in low gear) which is rated for 720 in-lbs of torque in drill (not hammer) mode.
• 10 turns in under a minute with 1,000 RPM drill
• Needs 2.5 inches clearance from shaft to wall
• Can be used on up to 4.5 inch spring diameters, 1 inch shaft diameters
• Can be wound at 2,500 RPM
• Weighs 7.5 lbs
• If you pay your techs $60K per year and your work comp rate is 4.5%, insurance agents say you could get a 20% premium reduction and pay for the tools for all techs in one year
• The Brutewinder can wind a commercial spring with up to 175 ft-lbs of torque. As a point of reference, a .437" wire x 6.0"ID x 48"long spring (IPPT = 148) with 14 turns requires 2,077 in-lbs or 173 ft-lbs of torque. Two of these springs can lift a 1,500 pound door.
• 10 turns in less than a minute w/1,000 RPM drill
• Use a drill such as the corded DeWalt DWD460K 1/2" VSR Stud and Joinst drill with E-clutch anti-lock control (two speed 330 rpm, 1200 rpm). Or if you want cordless, use the Cordless Milwaukee M-18 Fuel Super Hole Hawg 2709.
• Can be used on up to 7.5 inch spring diameters, and can accomodate both 1.0 and 1.25 diameter shafts.
• Needs 3.5 inch clearance from shaft to wall
• If you pay your techs $60K per year and your work comp rate is 4.5%, insurance agents say you could get a 20% premium reduction and pay for 60% the tools for all techs in one year
• Weighs 11 lbs
If you have questions regarding our products, please first search our FAQ section. If you have further questions or comments, please use the form below to contact customer service and we will address your inquiries within 24 business hours.
Surewinder LLC warrants that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship existing at the time of manufacture for a period of one year from the initial date of purchase from Surewinder LLC only. If a defect is discovered during the warranty period, we will, at our sole option, repair or replace your product at no cost to you.